散文天地  3509 

            投稿及回應信箱:webl.org@msa.hinet.net

在忙亂的生活裡打轉,我們就像一隻追著自己尾巴打轉的貓。我們總是喜歡鋪長道路去追尋─為追尋而追尋的追尋,然而,甚麼都沒有尋到,除了月下的狗吠,晨曦的雞啼,以及熙熙攘攘的燥熱的街,勞碌的腳,以及車輪。



   叫人扎心的開會前禱告

   
        
Handsome

      阿斗雜記〈之十八〉

  〈編者按:阿斗是作者大學時的綽號〉

    在美國堪薩斯州州議會開會前禱告。眾人原以為又是例行公事的老套,沒想到被請去帶禱告的牧師
JoeWright出其不意,帶領大家在神面前認罪。當場激怒了許多州議員。且慢發火,我試著翻成中文,看他說的是不是事實:

"Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your direction and guidance.
天上的父神,今天我們來到你的面前求赦免,並尋求你的指示及引導。
We know Your Word says, 'Woe to those who call evil good," but that is exactly what we have done.
我們知道你的話:「禍哉!那些稱惡為善,稱善為惡…的人。」但我們就是如這經文所說的這麼做的。
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.
我們已經失去了屬靈的中道而且反其道而行。
We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.
我們榨光了窮人的財產而稱之為玩彩票。
We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.
我們鼓勵懶惰稱之為社會福利。
We have killed our unborn and called it choice.
我們殺害未出生的胎兒稱之為生育選擇。
We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable.
我們射殺墮胎醫生稱之為替天行道。
W
e have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self esteem.
我們忽略了子女的管教稱之為建立自尊。
We have abused power and called it politics.
我們濫用權力稱之為政治。
We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition.
我們貪圖鄰居的產業稱之為雄心。
We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called
it freedom of expression.

我們以邪辟与色情污染社會風氣稱之為表達意見的自由。
We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and
called it enlightenment.

我們揶揄歷代先祖傳承的價值觀稱之為啟蒙。
Search us, Oh, God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin
and set us free.

鑑察我們,噢神啊!察明我們當今的心思;潔淨我們遠離每一個罪惡,並釋放我們自由。
Amen!" 阿門!
 

您現在的位置是「散文天地」第 35頁目錄的第 9 篇

 下一篇  上一篇  回首頁    回散文天地目錄